… who stole my KLR from the train station.
Nothing quite like the sinking feeling you get when you don’t see the motorcycle where you left it.
On 6/14/2010, around 6 pm somebody stole my Green 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 from the train station by simply loading it into a U-Haul truck and driving away (as reported by a person who witnessed it and called the police)
I showed up after 10 pm, and spent about 5 minutes going through my morning routine, not sure if my tired brain was playing jokes on me.
Together with the bike gone are the following mods (yes, the KLR riders love to outfit their bikes):
- SW-motech crashbars – they saved my ass twice – once in a slow speed fall and once in an encounter with a deer.
- SW-motech sideracks – awesome quick-snap racks to mount the cases I made out of Pelican cases
- GPS mount for my TomTom Rider 2
- DIY break-lights repeater/modulator
- Nolan N102 NCOM helmet
- Black Alpinestars Spinner Jacket
Total damage in accessories is about $1,300!!!!
Already put in a claim with Progressive, we’ll see what comes out of it. I’m still hoping they will find it, and hopefully with minimum damage. This is my first bike, afterall, and there is some sentimental value.